logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Warnings about hyper-precise multipolygons

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Tue Mar 18 08:42:24 GMT 2014

Hi Marko,

I've checked a few cases. The typical reason for a message like this:
very small shape near http://www.openstreetmap.org/?mlat=60.261495&mlon=24.689112&zoom=17 signed area in high prec map units: 2816

is a shape close to a tile boundary or a shape that is produced by the mp-relation
routines. In the latter case, the routines cut a shape into pieces to remove holes.
Sometimes this produces micro-areas when the cutting line cuts the polygon into
multiple pieces. Nothing is wrong with the OSM data, and the ShapeMergeFilter
is able to merge these micro shapes again.
I plan to rewrite that part of the code, but it will require a bit more work, so
maybe this has to wait for the next autumn.

For now, I've just lowered the severity to debug level.

Gerd