logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Bug: Address search and opposite cycleway

From WanMil wmgcnfg at web.de on Mon Mar 10 19:34:21 GMT 2014

> On Sun, Mar 09, WanMil wrote:
>

>>> Hi,

>>> Hm, how does this work then? My understanding was, that you
>>> take the addr:street tag and compare them with the road name.
>>> But "Sandwall (Cycleway)" is for me not identical to "Sandwall"
>>> as written in addr:street?
>>
>> The road name is taken from the tag mkgmap:street in contrary to
>> mkgmap:label:1 used to assign the first displayed label and used for
>> address search.
>
> The following rule fixed it for me:
> highway=* & name=* & (name='cycleway' | name ~ '.*(cycleway).*')
>          {delete mkgmap:street}
>
> but I still think there is a bug in mkgmap.
>
> name='Sandwall (cycleway)'
> mkgmap:street='Sandwall (cycleway)'
> addr:street='Sandwall'
>
> addr:street does neither match name nor mkgmap:street, so
> why is "Sandwall (cycleway)" choosen for address search and
> not "Sandwall" itself?

mkgmap:street is only used for house number matching while compiling the
maps.

Address search is a different thing. AFAIK address search on the Garmin
units searches for all labels assigned to the roads. So if the name tag
is assigned to the first label and the other labels are not set you can
only search for "Sandwall (cycleway)".

Once again it's up to you to assign the other labels so that they are
also used by address search:
mkgmap:street=* { addlabel "${mkgmap:street}" }
addr:street=* { addlabel "${addr:street}" }

WanMil