logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Bug: Address search and opposite cycleway

From WanMil wmgcnfg at web.de on Sun Mar 9 18:40:11 GMT 2014

Hi Thorsten,

> Hi,
>
> I was wondering why I couldn't find sometimes addresses even
> if they where entered correct in OSM.
> By pure luck I found now the reason, it looks like if a way
> has the tag "cycleway=opposite", the address information is
> put on the wrong way.
>
> Look at Sandwall 17 or 19 in Wyk auf Foehr
> (http://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=17/54.68666/8.56960)
>
> With my own and with the default mkgmap style, you will not find
> the address with "Sandwall 17", but with "Sandwall (Cycleway) 17".
>
> I think for address search, the "(Cylceway)" streets should be ignored.

it's up to you to ignore the cycleway:
matching of nodes/polygons with house numbers are performed by
evaluating the mkgmap:street tag of the road. So you can exclude all
cycleways by removing or not setting the mkgmap:street tag on them.

>    Thorsten

WanMil