logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] new branch NOD127

From Andrzej Popowski popej at poczta.onet.pl on Sat Mar 8 21:56:47 GMT 2014

Hi Gerd,

I have tested routing with trunk r3093 and nod127 r3095. I have used
default style, car/motorcycle routing, fastest route. I can confirm,
that both version show a detour on Polish road 6. It seems to depend on
many factor so it is difficult to isolate a meaningful example.

Some notices:

In Mapsource route depends on "Road selection" option in route
preferences. I usually set it in the middle but when set to 75% of
"Prefer Highways", routing becomes better.

For nod127 branch there is difference in routing, when I set avoidances
to unpaved road. It doesn't clear the problem, only detour is different.

In BaseCamp I got the same detour in both version of mkgmap. For nod127
detour changes, when I set avoidance to unpaved road, no change in
trunk. In both version detour changes the same way if I set avoidances
to residential streets. Any of highway avoidances changes detour and
when I use avoid State Highways, route is correct. I'm not sure what is
"State Highway" for BaseCamp, it could be primary road, which actually
is used for route.

BaseCamp is not able to calculate longer route with trunk, the same
route is calculated with nod127 (including detour).

Please write if you have any suggestion what could I test or what data
could be useful for you.

--
Best regards,
Andrzej