logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Commit: r3081: merge from the high-prec-coord branch.

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Thu Mar 6 12:18:27 GMT 2014

Hi,

> > thanks a lot.
> > What happens if you use the old files? Mkgmap ran without throwing an
> > error...
>
> To my knowledge: nothing beside that some point in the near of
> a boundary could get wrong address tags, since the points are now
> more precise then the old boundary data is.

yes, that's all.
The old version simplified the areas, the newer doesn't.
The size increases so heavily because each point
is saved with a 6 bits higher precision (each for lon + lat),
and no simplification happens.
I think this is not needed for boundary data, but I found no simple
way to produce the old result.