logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Splitter and multiple input-files

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Tue Mar 4 07:16:48 GMT 2014

Hi Henning,

I can't reproduce it with r317.
I've tried it like this: Use (an older) planet.o5m and an srtm file covering Bremen and Bremerhafen (got it from you)

My options
--write-kml=splitter.kml --output=o5m --max-areas=2048 --polygon-file=f:\osm\canada.poly  f:\osm\planet.o5m f:\temp\henning\srtmtest.osm
Both input files contain boundaries and splitter works as it should.

Maybe you use a different order of options?

Gerd

Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2014 20:23:23 +0100
From: osm at aighes.de
To: mkgmap-dev at lists.mkgmap.org.uk
Subject: Re: [mkgmap-dev] Splitter and multiple input-files

    Hi Gerd,

      yes you got it right, as you mean "touch" as touched by bbox of
      srtm-file. The srtm-file contains Iceland (NW) and New Zealand
      (SE). Every poly-file works, which touch this area. Now I tried to
      split a part of Canada and it failed.

      To sumerize the log: It split planet as normal and after this
      splitter tries to start the same with srtm-file and returns
      something like "poly does not touch input-file, please use a
      polygon, ..."

      If you need the log, I will generate one.

      Henning