logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] problem with address search and --code-page

From Steve Ratcliffe steve at parabola.me.uk on Mon Mar 3 11:53:49 GMT 2014

Hi Michał

> Address search in your map works very well on my device. So maybe it's
> related to your changes in code or problem lies within content of the
> index (maybe some characters in other city names are improperly
> transliterated). Could you send me your mkgmap version?

Its http://www.mkgmap.org.uk/download/mkgmap-sort-r3067.zip

There were no changes that were not in that.

But I did use a bounds file eg:
http://osm2.pleiades.uni-wuppertal.de/bounds/20140128/bounds_20140128.zip
which is important to get good search coverage.

> BTW - is there any tool to debug those indexes?

There is test.display.MdrDisplay and test.check.MdrCheck in the
display project at http://svn.mkgmap.org.uk/display/trunk
But there are many false warning, so it is not that useful unless
you know what you are looking for.

..Steve