logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] problem with address search and --code-page

From Steve Ratcliffe steve at parabola.me.uk on Thu Feb 27 21:57:10 GMT 2014

On 26/02/14 14:09, Michał Rogala wrote:
> Map uploaded using Mapsource works fine, gmapsupp.img created by mkgmap
> has broken address search. On my device you need to specify country and
> city first - I can't get past this stage so I can't tell if street name
> search works.

I'm afraid I cannot reproduce this on my etrex 30. I do have random
problems with a map that is built without a --bounds file, but this
doesn't seem to be any better whether the gmapsupp is created with
mkgmap or mapsource.

When built with a bound file I seem to get a good selection of cities
and streets.  Although the etrex 30 allows you to search all cities,
you can specify one and all seems to work OK.  Of course without local
knowledge I might be missing a lot of streets, but from your message I
gather that you couldn't find anything at all.

I've uploaded the file I produced as I would be interested if it works
for you at all.  I used the latest verion of mkgmap-sort, although it
doesn't have many changes since the version you might have used
before.

..Steve