logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Mkgmap exception while reading "options" file

From paco.tyson at free.fr paco.tyson at free.fr on Thu Feb 27 10:51:21 GMT 2014

Hi Gerd,

Selon Gerd Petermann <gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com>:

> Hi Paco,
>
> this seems to be a problem with java7.

I'm not in front of my computer but I remember that I downloaded the java7 jdk
from oracle's website. It's the latest version, 64bit.

> The program crashes while complaining about the last
> part of this line :"Levels specification not all numbers "
> overview-levels=5:17,6:15,7:14
>
> I  assume that you have a special character following the 7:14 pair,
> maybe uncommon line ending 0x0d ?

Maybe, I checked the documentation for a requirement on the encoding and line
ending of the style files but found nothing. So I assumed that wasn't an issue.
Which line ending should I use ?
By the way, what encoding should I use ?

> I'll try to find a correction for the crash.

Thanks, right now this bug is a showstopper, I can't compile any map.

> Gerd
>
> > Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2014 23:40:15 +0100
> > From: paco.tyson at free.fr
> > To: mkgmap-dev at lists.mkgmap.org.uk
> > Subject: [mkgmap-dev] Mkgmap exception while reading "options" file
> >
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I'm faced with this error :
> >
> > java -jar ../../../bin/mkgmap-r3057/mkgmap.jar --style-file=src/
> > --style=style-FR --check-styles
> > Time started: Wed Feb 26 23:20:35 CET 2014
> > checking style: style-FR
> > Exception in thread "main" java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 2
> > 	at
> uk.me.parabola.mkgmap.general.LevelInfo.createFromString(LevelInfo.java:74)
> > 	at uk.me.parabola.mkgmap.osmstyle.StyleImpl.readRules(StyleImpl.java:275)
> > 	at uk.me.parabola.mkgmap.osmstyle.StyleImpl.<init>(StyleImpl.java:160)
> > 	at uk.me.parabola.mkgmap.main.Main.readOneStyle(Main.java:382)
> > 	at uk.me.parabola.mkgmap.main.Main.checkStyles(Main.java:362)
> > 	at uk.me.parabola.mkgmap.main.Main.processOption(Main.java:264)
> > 	at

uk.me.parabola.mkgmap.CommandArgsReader$CommandOption.processArg(CommandArgsReader.java:303)