logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] additional arcs patch

From Andrzej Popowski popej at poczta.onet.pl on Tue Feb 25 20:46:15 GMT 2014

Hi Gerd,

I have done some comparison between trunk r3057 and high-precision
r3065. Routing is very similar. I have found some examples, where
calculated route was a bit different, but both versions have looked correct.

I have found one example, where BaseCamp hasn't been able to calculate
short route for r3057 but the same route has been calculated correctly
with r3065.

For above tests I have used map of Poland, some longer routes across
whole country and some routes inside a city.

I have done another test with map of Europe and r3065 only. BaseCamp can
successfully calculate very long routes, like for example Viena-Madrid,
Hamburg-Naples or Murmansk-Sofia. I can't say, if this is due to recent
changes, but this is very distinct progress since the last time I have
tested it. My congratulations to all developers.

--
Best regards,
Andrzej