logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Distorted lines

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Mon Feb 17 21:14:52 GMT 2014

Hi Andrzej,

sorry, the 10% smaller size is also not intended, I thought you compared with trunk.

The way 101876024 is an extremely small building, but you seem to map it as a line?
The algo is not prepared for that.

Gerd

From: gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com
To: mkgmap-dev at lists.mkgmap.org.uk
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2014 22:07:28 +0100
Subject: Re: [mkgmap-dev] Distorted lines

Hi Andrzej,

> That was fast. Result is much better, thanks!
>
> Can we fine-tune effect using option --reduce-point-density?

no, but maybe I will add parameters for the hard coded threshold values later.

> Some observation:
>
> Map size seems to be nearly 10% less, compared to latest release r3057.

yes, that is intended.

> I get many warnings like this:
> SEVERE (WrongAngleFixer): pbf\29487111.osm.pbf: non-routable way
> 101876024 was removed

that is not intended :-(
Please let me know how I can reproduce that.

> And some like this:
> SEVERE (WrongAngleFixer): pbf\29487111.osm.pbf: Removing wrong angles -
> didn't finish in 10 passes, giving up!
that also should not happen.
Please let me know how I can reproduce that.

> There is difference in processing of non-routable lines and polygons,
> now outline of a building doesn't match polygon shape. I guess one
> change leads to another and probably would be good to apply your updates
> to processing polygons too.

Yes, the algorithm for lines is different to that for shapes, and I can't simply
use the same at this moment. I plan a big change later to allow it, but will
not do it in the high-prec-coord branch.