logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Question regarding polish input data

From Andrzej Popowski popej at poczta.onet.pl on Mon Jan 27 16:44:20 GMT 2014

Hi Gerd,

 >> This object should create 2 separate lines, I think mkgmap connects
 >> them, which is wrong.
 > yes, it connects them and writes an error message. Can you
 > give an example ? I did not find a hint in the version 2.5 docu
 > for cgpsmapper.

Neither I can find. This could be unintended feature but this kind of
data creates GPSMapEdit, when splitting or cropping a map.

Note, that cgpsmapper doesn't allow for multiple Data0 in routable
polylines. For this case there is option in GPSMapEdit "Split
Multi-Element Routable Roads".

There is no tool for splitting non-routable polylines, probably because
cgpsmapper can cope with them. It would be useful, if mkgmap could
replicate cgpsmapper behavior here.

Actually standard feature for cgpsmapper is to have multiple Data
statements for different levels, like this:

Data0=...
Data1=...
Data2=...

I think that support for Data statements could be the same, regardless
of level number in Data. Only exception would be Data0 for routable
polyline.

--
Best regards,
Andrzej