logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] boundary France broken?

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Fri Jan 24 10:21:36 GMT 2014

Hi,

I think the problem is that we need a process  that compares two
sets of precompiled boundaries (we have that) and decides which one
is better (I think we don't have that).
The BoundaryDiff tool comes close to what we need. It computes the
differences between two sets and creates gpx files.
Sample usage:
java -Xmx2G -cp mkgmap.jar  uk.me.parabola.mkgmap.reader.osm.boundary.BoundaryDiff bounds_20121118.zip  bounds  admin_level=2
The problem - besides the huge amount of data and cpu usage - is this: How do we find out which difference is good and is bad?

A different approach:
If we find an area that is covered by a level 4 boundary, but is not part of a level 2 boundary,
something is probably wrong. Or more general, if we subtract the combined area for level n+1
from the combined area for level n the result should be empty.

Gerd