logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Mapsource crashes while calculating a route

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Mon Jan 20 10:08:34 GMT 2014

Hi Andrzej,

the problem is this:
All routines that prepare the road data are calculating
the coordinates in map units (resolution 24).
The rounding to resolution 23 happens later.
This rounding can produce arcs with two equal
points, and that is known to cause crashes.

It seems that I was a bit naive to think that routing on
resolution < 24 can be done that easy :-(

Now I see at least these problems:
- we need a factory method that creates Coord instances
rounded to the highest used resolution, in your case 23.
- we have to make sure that we don't create bounding
boxes with coordinates in higher resolution anywhere
- maybe we have to add extra logic regarding tile boundaries

I'd like to finish the work on the high-prec-coord branch first,
so my motivation is low. this really a useful feature?

Gerd