logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] type=multipolygon relations

From WanMil wmgcnfg at web.de on Sun Jan 19 18:00:31 GMT 2014

Hi Gerd,

from my point of view it's ok to remove duplicate ways from mps.

Anyhow I didn't find a sentence on
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Multipolygon that this is disallowed.
I can think of two touching inner polygons:

11111111111111111111111111
1                        1
1      22234444          1
1      2  3   4          1
1      2  3   4          1
1      22234444          1
1                        1
11111111111111111111111111

MP: tags natural=forest
Way 1: role=outer
Way 2: role=inner, natrual=scrub
Way 3: role=inner, natrual=scrub
Way 4: role=inner, natrual=scrub

It seems to be allowed to have 2+3 and 3+4 as inner polygons in the mp.
In this case way 3 would have to be added twice to the mp.

I think we can ignore such a case but we should keep it in mind.

WanMil