logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] shape merger in high-prec-coord branch

From GerdP gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Wed Jan 15 20:50:22 GMT 2014

Hi WanMil,
I am thinking about if it makes sense to add a kind of sudden merging in
the multipolygon cut routines. The idea is as follows:
If the cut of an area returns more than 2 areas, two of the areas can
safely be merged if their common edges (1 edge is the connection of two
points) are all connected.

This would result in less cut artifacts. Maybe it is also possible to
remove points synthetically added by the cut.

What do you think?

WanMil

Well, my algo will probably not merge these polygons because they
share no identical points when they were created with
Java2DConverter.areaToShapes().
Maybe we can change that when
we maintain a map of all the coords in the path so that we
don't create different Coord instances for equal (or highPrecEqual)
points, but that will slow down these routines.
I think you coded this in PrecompSeaSaver.

I think the artifacts are created by the rounding that happens
when we convert from or to java.awt.geom.Area.