logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] shape merger in high-prec-coord branch

From GerdP gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Tue Jan 14 21:17:13 GMT 2014

Hi WanMil,

WanMil wrote
> The description of the algorithm sounds quite easy. I like it!
> Maybe it could also be used to improve cutting in the Multipolygon class?
> How do you avoid that two shapes connected with two edges and that
> surround a hole are merged? I think many shapes cut by the
> MultipolygonRelation have this characteristic.

the trick is that the merge is done for one sub division. That means
that I just have to make sure that the number of points < 250
so that no further routine splits the shape.

It might be possible to move the merge higher up in the chain,
for example after the clipping. In that case I have to make sure
that I don't create shapes that PolygonSubdivSizeSplitterFilter would split.

I know that this is a bit risky, but maybe I can get rid of all
Java2DConverter methods that convert to double and back to int.