logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Malformed piers and other issues

From Andrzej Popowski popej at poczta.onet.pl on Mon Jan 13 15:44:56 GMT 2014

Hi Mira,

 > As you see some piers are missing:
 > Also some shapes are malformed

These piers are like 3m wide, it is at the limits of resolution for
Garmin maps. There is no easy solution for this problems.

You can for example add piers as a polyline, this could show the missing
ones.

Preserving shape could be improved a bit by preprocessing data, like for
example simplification before rounding to Garmin resolution. Mkgmap
probably doesn't make this kind of simplification.

 > Here is one place with a lot of disconected roads
These are proposed ways? They aren't routable. I think mkgmap doesn't
preserve connection for non-routable polylines, which IMHO is a flow.

 > Same road are interupted in certain zoom level
This could be a problem with very short legs of a road or with
non-continous type of the road. Difficult to guess.

--
Best regards,
Andrzej