logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Diagnostic warnings for dead-end oneway highway=service

From Marko Mäkelä marko.makela at iki.fi on Sat Jan 4 19:43:32 GMT 2014

On Sat, Jan 04, 2014 at 02:05:11PM +0100, Gerd Petermann wrote:
>You don't use parameter --x-no-mergeroads in your script as I
>recommended.

Ah, sorry, I forgot that piece of your advice :( But, I think that I
will live with this for now. I mainly use mkgmap for fixing map errors;
I retired my Garmin unit about 2 years ago when its USB interface died,
preventing me to use it for recording GPS traces. I replaced it with a
small Android phone and OsmAnd. It works, in most aspects better and in
some aspects worse than the Edge 705.

>The merge algo doesn't look at the tag mkgmap:dead-end-check, so it may
>merge a way with that tag into a way without it.
>I did not change that in RoadMerger because we want to replace the old
>code.
>I think it looks good, I just have to add code for the p-shaped
>oneways.

Thanks, this sounds good to me. The main thing is that we have an
explanation for the discrepancies.

>By the way: Why do you use --overlap=10000 for splitter?  Is the
>keep-complete option not working for you?

I started using it in November 2011 because of errors for some
natural=water multipolygons near a tile border. I see that the
keep-complete option was introduced (or changed) in splitter over a year
later. Thanks for the hint, I will start using that in my script.

	Marko