logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Diagnostic warnings for dead-end oneway highway=service

From Marko Mäkelä marko.makela at iki.fi on Mon Dec 30 20:37:49 GMT 2013

There are some dead-end highway=service,oneway=yes that trigger
dead-end-check warnings in mkgmap RouteNode.java.

To allow suppressing most of the warnings, years ago I added a check
that suppresses the warning if either end node of the way is tagged with
fixme=* or FIXME=*, such as fixme=continue. This is not always
applicable, for example when the oneway highway=service is leading to a
tunnel, which is omitted from the map in order to avoid clutter (such as
ways for underground parking) in city areas.

I figured out that it would be nice to display all tags of the dead-end
oneway, like we do in MultiPolygonRelation, so that my mkgmap wrapper
script could filter out any oneway warnings for highway=service.
Unfortunately, the RoadDef is in the Garmin domain, and there is no
RoadDef.toTagString() method.

Any ideas how to improve the diagnostics?

	Marko