logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] mergeroads sometimes breaks routing

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Mon Dec 30 09:31:27 GMT 2013

Hi,

just to let you know: I am able to reproduce the results with your data.
Not sure what happens with the mergeroad map. MapSource finds
the shorter route when you select to minimize the distance,
and (depending on the speed settings), it even may calculated
the shorter time for the shorter route.
For both routes I see a list with 7 hints, so the only explanation
that I have is that MS prefers routes where don't have to
change roads often within a few meters.

Gerd