logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] [patch v1] link-pois-to-ways and restrictions

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Fri Dec 27 17:05:48 GMT 2013

Hi WanMil,

> > well, I think that means that part 1) is not yet working.
>
> No, I really only tested part 2), so I tested barriers only.
> Now I've tested part 1) also but it does not seem to work.
>
> I've changed the rule in the points file to
> barrier=bollard | barrier=cycle_barrier
>      { set mkgmap:road-speed=0; }
>
> But the road speed of ways with barrier=bollard does not seem to be changed.
yes, neither the patched version nor trunk do work.

> > I am not sure, but I think you moved the evaluation of the
> > tags mkgmap:road-speed and mkgmap:road-class
> > so that the interpretation of the POI has no effect.
> > Was that intended?
>
> I don't understand. Which commit do you mean? Your patch is for r2907
> and I don't think that there was any change after that?

I meant the change in the branch. The tag is now only
evaluated in postConvertRules(), and that is called before
the POI evaluation.

> >  >
> >  >
> >  > >
> >  > > The patch also changes the meaning of route restrictions.
> >  > > In r2907 and before, route restrictions prohibit access for
> >  > > pedestrians and emergency, the patched version
> >  > > allows them by default.
> >  >
> >  > Does that mean a common turn restriction from a=>b also means that
> >  > pedestrians never can route a=>b?
> >
> > yes, in trunk all turn restrictions are created without an exception
> > for pedestrians or  emergency.
>
> Funny bug. I wonder why the exceptions for pedestrians and emergency is
> implemented different to the other exceptions?
The bits are coded at a different place, see
wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/OSM_Map_On_Garmin/NOD_Subfile_Format#Table_C