logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] [patch v1] link-pois-to-ways and restrictions

From chris66 chris66nrw at gmx.de on Fri Dec 27 09:26:24 GMT 2013

Am 24.12.2013 11:14, schrieb GerdP:

> I think the major advantage is that the way is split into fewer parts,
> and that typically improves routing.

Hi,
I see one possible regression:

I believe that turn-restrictions are more strict than
normal restrictions.

Example: A dead end service road to a private property with a
gate in the mid. Gate-Node is tagged with access=private.

I guess that Garmin is able to route to the property in
the old implementation (access=private is ignored because
there is no other way to destination) and is not able
to route with the new implementation, but that's just
a guess. Didn't test it.

Chris