logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Address search confused by place=* with name,ref

From Marko Mäkelä marko.makela at iki.fi on Wed Dec 25 10:53:16 GMT 2013

On Wed, Dec 25, 2013 at 12:05:59AM +0100, Henning Scholland wrote:
>if you find something like "Xi:xii Kyttälä, FIN" in a name-tag, then
>this shoulod be wrong for a town. The name of the town would be
>"Kyttälä", or am I wrong?

The tags of node 2129650976 are:

"ref"="XI;XII"
"source"="Bing"
"place"="suburb"
"name"="Kyttälä"

I think that this is an error of mkgmap instead of an error in the
source data. The place=* ref is not something that you would normally
see anywhere; therefore it should not be included in the mkgmap
translated label.

I do not see an error in the source data, other than the ref of the
suburb not being fully qualified (it should start with NUTS and LAU
references that qualify the city of Tampere).

BTW, the place=city of Tampere (node 30969480) is lacking ref. It is in
role admin_centre of two boundaries (admin_level 8 for the city and 6
for the province of Pirkanmaa). The latter relation does have ref=FI197,
but there is no ref for the city relation.

	Marko