logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Bogus anti-island warnings for tiny natural=coastline polygons

From Marko Mäkelä marko.makela at iki.fi on Wed Dec 18 16:57:20 GMT 2013

On Wed, Dec 18, 2013 at 04:36:09PM +0100, Gerd Petermann wrote:
>thanks for the feedback. Did you use r2888 or later together with the
>patch?

Yes, I updated to trunk -r2894 right before applying the patch. No other
patches were applied.

>I am not very familiar with the SeaGenerator algo, but I think this
>message is produced when incomplete data is processed and mkgmap once
>decided that way  242824968 encloses sea and later detects that it must
>be an island.

Could be. In any case, it would be nice to get rid of these bogus
warnings, so that the real coastline errors can be fixed. Yes, the
errors could be checked with the JOSM Validator, which implements some
checks. AFAIU, the neither the JOSM nor mkgmap checks are subsets of
each other (you need to run both to get all checks).

	Marko