logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Merge the mergeroads branch?

From WanMil wmgcnfg at web.de on Tue Dec 10 22:10:44 GMT 2013

> Hi Wanmil
>
> I found more issues:
>
> -I notice now that all the place names are not rendered anymore. I have include 'inc/place'; somewhere in the middle of the points file, does this have to be placed at the end in the finalysed section? And I have to mention I didnt use compat_points and compat_polygons.
>
> -The branch version refused to run because I used --ignore-maxspeeds

--ignore-maxspeeds is no longer supported and required. In the branch
the same behaviour is achieved by not referencing the maxspeed tag in
the style files.

> -housenumber search doesnt work, because inc/address is not allowed on top?

What do you mean with inc/address is not allowed on top? In my tests I
did not find any problems with housenumber search.

>> using the compat_* includes should produce the same result as if you
>> use
>> the current trunk so I am interested in the differences. Can you post
>> your style files and describe what's different?
>
> It could be that a few mkgmap parameters were not exactly the same.
> I'll try another test with exactly the same settings later, I first have to repair those issues

I've done a direct comparison between the branch (trunk default style
plus compat file) and the trunk (default style). The only differences I
found had to do with some ref tags that contains multiple ";". As far as
I understand this should not result in a difference in the map file. But
maybe I have to test that again.

>> Short explanation about the lines below:
>> Each OSM item can have up to four labels. The addlabel function adds
>> one
>> label (which means it sets the first unset tag mkgmap:label:n where n
>> is
>> 1-4).
>
> Maybe I can use this mkgmap:label to add all cycle route labels? I now use several lines on top of each other, all representing a certain cycleroute relations (lcn, rcn, ncn). I had to do this because I wanted to display all the names. See https://www.dropbox.com/s/2ifcl63hn8f2z1u/trunk.jpg

Usually only the first label is displayed. Sometimes (on some devices)
the second label is displayed for routing instructions. The third and
fourth label can be used at least for address search.

> In the mergeroads version some labels are gone, and also the ref's see https://www.dropbox.com/s/2sldv2q0si7qcp8/mergeroads1.jpg
> Ignore the differences in map colours, one map is my full version, one is the light version, but they have the same lines file. Link to OSM is http://www.openstreetmap.org/way/93262793

I would like to check that. But I need your complete style files. You
can also send them directly to me if you don't want to post them here.

WanMil