logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Questions about carpool handling

From WanMil wmgcnfg at web.de on Thu Dec 5 20:07:09 GMT 2013

> Great that you want to tackle this problem Wanmil.
> In Basecamp and the newer devices this is a big problem in routing.
> If you select bicycle mode, the carpool avoidance flag is by default activated.
> This means that every single road with access=no (even with bicycle=yes!) is blocked because Garmin now ignores bicycle=yes (in Mapsource and older devices bicycle=yes/no is still supported).
>
> What do you mean with "carpool bit is set/cleared"?

Hi Minko,

I am really talking about bits (not tags) in the compiled garmin map
that define the access restrictions for each vehicle type. One bit is
meant to define if a road has/is a carpool lane or not.

I will commit a change to the mergeroads branch where mgkmap:carpool is
not postprocessed, so mkgmap:carpool=yes sets the bit and
mkgmap:carpool=no or mkgmap:carpool not defined will clear the bit in
the garmin map.
Then anybody can test if there is any usage of the carpool bit. I
couldn't find any change in the routing behaviour.

WanMil