logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Access handling trunk <=> mergeroads branch

From Thorsten Kukuk kukuk at suse.de on Sat Nov 30 07:38:35 GMT 2013

Hi,

On Fri, Nov 29, WanMil wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am comparing differences between the mergeroads branch running the
> compatibility mode and the trunk.
>
> Having the following way:
>  access = destination
>  highway = path
>
> The access bits are set as:
>                trunk | branch
> no_car       |   0   |    1
> no_bus       |   0   |    1
> no_taxi      |   0   |    1
> no_foot      |   0   |    0
> no_bike      |   0   |    1
> no_truck     |   0   |    1
> no_throughrt |   1   |    1
> delivery     |   0   |    1
> emergency    |   0   |    1
>
> 0 = bit is not set
> 1 = bit is set
>
> For delivery and emergency I am not sure if delivery/emergency is allowed
> if the bit is set or unset.
>
> At the moment the trunk allows all type of vehicles to use the given way. I
> think that's not good. The branch allows only foot to use the way.
> What do you think should be the correct access bit mask for the given way?

It's a question how Garmin is using this flags for routing.
I think trunk is wrong, for path, motor_vehicles shouldn't be
allowed.
But the branch doesn't look correct, too.

foot and bike should have the same value, there is no difference
between them two in this case.

For me, the logical result would be:
no_car       |   1
no_bus       |   1
no_taxi      |   1
no_foot      |   0
no_bike      |   0
no_truck     |   1
no_throughrt |   1

If that has the result that GARMIN is only allowing pedestrians
and bicycle to enter the way, but not to go through it, that's
what for my understand the both OSM keys mean.