logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Access handling trunk <=> mergeroads branch

From WanMil wmgcnfg at web.de on Fri Nov 29 22:35:16 GMT 2013

Hi,

I am comparing differences between the mergeroads branch running the
compatibility mode and the trunk.

Having the following way:
  access = destination
  highway = path

The access bits are set as:
                trunk | branch
no_car       |   0   |    1
no_bus       |   0   |    1
no_taxi      |   0   |    1
no_foot      |   0   |    0
no_bike      |   0   |    1
no_truck     |   0   |    1
no_throughrt |   1   |    1
delivery     |   0   |    1
emergency    |   0   |    1

0 = bit is not set
1 = bit is set

For delivery and emergency I am not sure if delivery/emergency is
allowed if the bit is set or unset.

At the moment the trunk allows all type of vehicles to use the given
way. I think that's not good. The branch allows only foot to use the way.
What do you think should be the correct access bit mask for the given way?

Does anyone know if delivery bit == 1 means the way can be used if one
has something to deliver to a point of this way? And the same for emergency?

WanMil