logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] POI index issues

From Bernhard Hiller bhil at gmx.de on Sun Nov 24 11:37:41 GMT 2013

Hi Brett,

an issue with the index on a Garmin device is that it requires specific
codes for specific items. For a comparison of Garmin models and the
use/appearance of codes, see
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/OSM_Map_On_Garmin/POI_Types - In most
cases, the meaning is the same for different models.

In your command, you use
--style-file=styles\mapnik\ ^
i.e. a relative path to the style, and a final backslash. Are you sure
that the "correct" style was used (e.g. when you inspect your map with
QLandkarte)? I use absolute path, without a final backslash, but that
might be irrelevant.

It is also my impression that Garmin uses all maps (even those which
were switched off) when a POI search is performed - try to remove them
as much as possible (I change the extension from *.IMG to *.IM) - I
haven't tried that with the base map yet...

Regards,
Bernhard