logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] IO-problem with actual trunk

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Sat Nov 23 09:37:10 GMT 2013

Hi Henning,

> I'm not that familiar with o5m-format, but it is possible,, that only a
> part of the world is corrupted?
yes, I think so. The o5m format doesn't contain checksums or so,
so the read routine tends to skip unexpected data until it finds
something readable.

> Maybe you remember, that I'm splitting all my maps at ones. And all
> other maps are correct. If it's not possible, I think splitter have a
> problem with this.

okay, that implies that the Oman area contains a special case,
maybe a special string.
Please test:
What happens if you create the Oman files with --output=pbf?
If the created files are okay for osmconvert, the problem is
probably in splitters o5m write routine.