logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] One node - two index entries?

From Marko Mäkelä marko.makela at iki.fi on Sat Nov 9 13:42:36 GMT 2013

On Sat, Nov 09, 2013 at 02:36:58PM +0100, Bernhard Hiller wrote:
>Hence my question is: is it possible to get one node into the index
>twice in different categories?

FWIW, the Garmin Edge 705 does this for some POI types by itself. For
example, a "Truck stop" or "Convenience store" will show up in 2 menus.
These are in the default style:

amenity=fuel & fuel:HGV_diesel=yes [ 0x2f16 resolution 23]
amenity=fuel & shop=convenience [ 0x2e06 resolution 24]

>I tried following rules:
>
>tourism=hotel & amenty!=* [...]
>tourism=hotel & amenty=* [...]

If you misspelled the amenity, then it obviously cannot work, unless you
also misspell it in the data. :)

I do not see why it should not work (generate 2 Garmin POIs), but I have
not used 'continue' much.

Best regards,

	Marko