logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] [Patch v2] higher precision in coordinates

From GerdP gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Thu Nov 7 15:46:19 GMT 2013

Hi WanMil,

WanMil wrote
> looks great! I didn't test it carefully but it seems to be safe to be
> commited.

I started a new branch called high-prec-coord.
So far I tried to use the higher precision also in the
routines that use java.awt.geom.Area.
Unfortunately, this gives drastically higher
run times (e.g. in the PrecompSeaGenerator),
and I saw no improvements, but new errros
(e.g. islands written as sea and as land).

I assume the higher CPU time is caused by the
fact that the internal data structures are able to
simplify the rounded coordinates (they probably remove
spikes and points on straight lines), with the higher
precision this is less likely, and therefore all
routines like intersects() or contains() have to
check more points.

I still hope to be able to use the higher precision
to remove some artifacts like ugly roundabouts...