logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Request to rollback at least rev 2747 - or give the access part a complete rework, as of right now it's broken...

From WanMil wmgcnfg at web.de on Sat Oct 26 15:43:07 BST 2013

Hi Felix,

I think I do now understand a bit better why you are so keen to keep the
mkgmap:access handling.

Two solutions come into my mind:
1. ========================
Add the mkgmap:access handling to the java code.
If any of the mkgmap:bicycle etc. tags are not set the value of the
mkgmap:access is used.

2. ========================
Create a new finalizer style file.
The finalizer style file contains actions only (no element type
definitions). It is executed each time an element type definition
matches. I don't know how to implement that in the style system but it
could be worthy to check.
You might implement the mkgmap:access behaviour yourself:

Example:
lines ===
access=no | access=private { set mkgmap:access=no }
bicycle=* { add mkgmap:bicycle='${bicycle}' }
highway=track [0x0a road_class=1 road_speed=2 resolution 22 continue]
highway=unsurfaced [0x0a road_class=0 road_speed=1 resolution 22]

finalizer ===
mkgmap:access=* { addaccess '${mkgmap:access}' }

The upper example would have to be written with lines file only:
lines ===
access=no | access=private { set mkgmap:access=no }
bicycle=* { add mkgmap:bicycle='${bicycle}' }
highway=track & mkgmap:access=* { addaccess '${mkgmap:access}' } [0x0a
road_class=1 road_speed=2 resolution 22 continue]
highway=track & mkgmap:access!=* [0x0a road_class=1 road_speed=2
resolution 22 continue]
highway=unsurfaced & mkgmap:access=* { addaccess '${mkgmap:access}' }
[0x0a road_class=0 road_speed=1 resolution 22]
highway=unsurfaced [0x0a road_class=0 road_speed=1 resolution 22]

I guess that also might be useful for other purposes.

By the way:
I did have a short look into your old style file.
I started with a delete so I am sure you knew about the delete command ;-)

Some rules can be removed because they will never be executed. Check
with taginfo to identify non existing tag values. Probably this will
improve execution time a bit.
Examples:
highway=service_footway
highway=Feldweg