logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] mkgmap.jar --version ?

From keenonkites keenonkites at gmx.net on Thu Oct 24 08:11:42 BST 2013

Earlier I got a nice release string when invoking mkgmap.jar with the
argument --version.

With the latest trunk release r7850  downloadable I get 'unknown':

    PS P:\> java -jar tools/mkgmap/mkgmap.jar --version
    Time started: Thu Oct 24 09:02:44 CEST 2013
    unknown

Got that also on selfcompiled versions earlier and with intermediate
downloads (just the mkgmap.jar) but there I thought rXXXX is only
contained if properly compiled on the servers...

is that on purpose ?
.... the option '--version' is still mentioned in the --help=options output.

Thanks and regards
Patrik