logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] display tool: NodDisplay

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Fri Oct 18 09:00:43 BST 2013

Hi Steve,

if I got this right, the  NOD file format is not designed to be read
sequentially, at least not the NOD 1 part.
My understanding is this:
We write one NOD 1 section for each RouteCenter instance.
The offset to the beginning of such a section is only (?)
stored in NET, and it is difficult to calculate it.

All offsets to nodes are stored in NOD 2, except for the
1st ones, which are stored in NET only(?).

Is this true for all maps? If yes, NodDisplay should rather use
these offsets to display NOD 1 data, this would avoid
lines like
00001334 | 0012a7 | f2                      | low f2
         |        |                         | lost sync calc-end=4fcd, should be=2bcd

and
0000c950 | 00c8c3 | 00                      | low 0
         |        |                         | spurious 0?
         |        |                         | New node
0000c951 | 00c8c4 | 00                      | low 0
         |        |                         | spurious 0?
         |        |                         | New node

If you agree I'll create a patch to implement that.