logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Are there also possibilities to set more name fields for points?

From WanMil wmgcnfg at web.de on Thu Oct 17 17:08:19 BST 2013

> I would love to have any city/point to be searchable by a) it's local
> name b) it's international name if it exists.
> Currently I just double all cities and put them with the name:int or
> name:en again as a city into the map. However it would be much better if
> I could simply add additional name fields to each, and be sure that they
> are also searchable.
> Also - would this only apply to city search, or could the general
> address search even be made multilingual? E.g. doesn't matter if you
> type Germany or Deutschland for country name when searching for an address.

I will address parts of your requests with changing the name assignment
to mkgmap:name:1..4.

For streets all these names will be searchable in address search. I
don't know if it is possible to add more than one name to
cities/regions/countries. And I also don't know yet if there will be
more than one searchable label for POIs.

WanMil