logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] mergeroads branch - how to set street labels in style files

From WanMil wmgcnfg at web.de on Sat Oct 12 15:07:30 BST 2013

> I do not see the need to repeat the name and the ref so many times.
> Having the ref in brackets after the name comes from the time before we had NET and more than one possible name. Perhaps the other entries were useful before we had the real index as well.

I have tried a map with Garmin style (1st=<shield>ref 2nd=name). This
has the disadvantage that the ref is displayed on the map but not used
in the routing instructions. Only the street name is given as routing
instruction (tested on Oregon 400 and Nüvi 1490).

WanMil