logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] mergeroads branch - how to set street labels in style files

From Andrzej Popowski popej at poczta.onet.pl on Sat Oct 12 10:30:25 BST 2013

Hi,

I think only first label is visible on map and used for driving
instructions. The only manifestations of other labels that I have
noticed is in address search. These are my experiences form cgpsmapper,
but I assume that street labels in mkgmap are the same.

In my opinion first label should be set to "name", others should be
available to use in style but empty by default.

I have found that the sequence "<shield>ref name" looks bad in many
devices and I prefer to avoid it. I set first label to street name and
second to reference number, if both value are present. This way I can
see street names in a city. I use other labels for alternative names.

I'd like ref to be searchable, I understand that only shield mark is
removed and reference number is used for indexing.

--
Best regards,
Andrzej