logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] mergeroads branch - how to set street labels in style files

From Steve Ratcliffe steve at parabola.me.uk on Fri Oct 11 23:00:55 BST 2013

 Hi WanMil

>Street search indexes all four labels. So a street with the following
>labels:
>1st: <shield>L276 Laacher Straße
>2nd: Laacher Straße (L276)
>3rd: L276

In a Garmin map this would be just

1st: <shield>L276
2nd: Laacher Straße

The third and fourth positions would be for alternate names.

I do not see the need to repeat the name and the ref so many times.
Having the ref in brackets after the name comes from the time before we had NET and more than one possible name. Perhaps the other entries were useful before we had the real index as well.

With the index both the name and the ref are searchable with just those two name entries.

..Steve