logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Problem with compiling TYP containing Cyrillic characters (mkgmap r2673)

From keenonkites keenonkites at gmx.net on Tue Oct 8 13:42:02 BST 2013

Steve,

thanks for the quick feedback.... think you're on the correct road....
taking awaz the CodePage=1251 from the source TXT file gives the
following error:
java -Xmx1536M -jar
P:/Freizeitkarte/develop/fzk-mde-garmin.git/Freizeitkarte-Entwicklung/tools/mkgmap/mkgmap.jar
--max-jobs=2 --code-page=1251 --product-id=1 --family-id=6442 freizeit.txt
Time started: Tue Oct 08 14:28:04 CEST 2013
Compiling TYP txt file: Error: (freizeit.txt:1): Expecting '=' or ':'
instead of ╗
Time finished: Tue Oct 08 14:28:04 CEST 2013
Total time taken: 166ms

Converting the file to UTF-8 without BOM runs through properly. The
resulting TYP is usable but doesn't show correct strings... looks like
it interpretes the encoding incorrect, though..... you need a screenprint ?

Thanks and regards
Patrik