logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Utilizing route=bicycle relations in long-distance routing

From Andrzej Popowski popej at poczta.onet.pl on Tue Oct 8 10:47:15 BST 2013

Hi Marko,

 > FWIW, I just defined a 25km route relation that could be useful for
 > testing: http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/relation/3252216
 > IMO, this is much better than the NCN 4 in this area.

I have found in wiki that route=bicycle defines "named or numbered or
otherwise signed routes". Wouldn't people expect some markings on roads,
if they find a route on a map?

 > Has anyone experimented with this kind of tweaks to routing?

I have tried to make different routing overlays for different
activities. It is not easy, since Garmin defines many new activities,
which aren't supported by mkgmap. I think currently only car mode allows
for tuning of routing by changing route class and speed. This way you
can get more suitable route but usually with wrong ETA.

--
Best regards,
Andrzej