logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] point outside map area

From GerdP gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Sun Oct 6 12:58:13 BST 2013

Hi Henning,

okay, this is what happens:
1) You use the options add-pois-to-areas and precomp-sea
2) You have the line
natural=sea & mkgmap:line2poi!=true [0x1e04 level 7]
in your points file, level 7 is mapped to resolution 14.
I guess you want to process nodes like this:
http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/node/305639193
3) The SeeGenerator creates polygons which overlap the
tile boundary (the polygon has no name) and
have the tag natural=sea (no other tag)
4) For each generated polygon the
POIGenerator creates a POI, the position is
calculated using method Way.getCofG().
This method calculates the average latitude and longitude
values of all points of the way. The result
is a point that may be located inside, but
very close to the tile boundary, and it has no label.
I am not sure if it makes sense to create a POI
without a label? I guess yes (e.g. for bollards),
so I suggest to add a check in the style.
5) When the img file is written, the coordinates
are rounded to resolution 14. The rounded values
may be outside of the tile boundary.
@Steve: I guess we should catch this case and
omit the point, or should we move the
value so that the point lies inside the boundary?
This can also happen with points of
lines, I did not yet check what MapSource is
doing with such a line.

6)When the overview is created, the rounded values
are read and added to a new map that also has
the tile boundary. At this stage, a check
produces the error message and the point is dropped.
With r2738 I've added a check so that
these points are filtered before.

Gerd

Henning Scholland wrote