logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] highway count not fixed yet... - merge-roads-branch

From GerdP gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Sat Sep 28 14:18:08 BST 2013

WanMil wrote
> Hi Gerd,
>
> in my opinion recalculating the highway counter after removing the short
> arcs should fix all problems, shouldn't it?

Don't think so. All routines that replace or add points after that must
make sure that they maintain the correct highway count.

WanMil wrote
> I've added three changes to the patch:
> 1. When calculating the highway count ways with duplicate id are not
> considered. This avoid that all points of a duplicated way are preserved
> by all filters.
> I think this should be modified a bit. For the first and last point of
> those ways the highway count should be increased and also all points
> where another way is connected. I have no use case where this matters
> but I think it is the "correct" counting?

No, it just increases the possibility that the counter overflows.
Maybe we should not use this counter at all. The information that
it "hides" is that a point connects two or more roads.
I think a better solution would be to have a method markRoutingNodes()
which uses the counter and sets a bit flag in the coord instance.
This routine would replace setHighwayCounts() and resetHighwayCounts().

WanMil wrote
> 2. I have added the problematic point in the error message of the
> MapBuilder in case a node is not a CoordNode. Just having the way id
> might not be enough information and the way also might have been merged.
>
> 3. I have moved the recalculation of the highway counters after the
> merge procedure. This should not change anything but it avoids a problem
> with merging...

This is a good idea. Maybe do it before and after? That also means that
decHighwayCount() is obsolete, doesn't it?