logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] name include file

From Marko Mäkelä marko.makela at iki.fi on Wed Sep 25 13:49:14 BST 2013

On Tue, Sep 24, 2013 at 10:11:51PM +0200, WanMil wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>I think the name include file should be reworked.
>
>I often get names like
>"Shell: Shell (Shell)" for fuel stations. The same happens to
>restaurants, supermarkets, etc.
>The tags name, operator and brand are often the same so I think they
>should not all be used in the POI name.
>
>Any suggestions for improvement?

Could we define a function that checks if two keys are equal? Or a
delete_if action that would delete a key based on a string match or even
some regexp match?

Something like this at the start of the name include file actions could
then do:

delete_if_equal operator "${brand}”
delete_if_equal name "${brand}”
delete_if_equal name "${operator}"

But, this should be extended so that it allows some regexp, maybe
involving any combination of tags in the regexp condition. You probably
do not want "Shell (Shell Car Wash)" either.

Best regards,

	Marko