logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Commit: r2714: Make java 1.7 mandatory and refuse to run on earlier versions.

From WanMil wmgcnfg at web.de on Tue Sep 24 18:50:33 BST 2013

Hi Klaus,

thanks for the link. There are only very few statistics about the usage
counts of different java versions.

I found a JOSM bug about changing to Java 7:
http://josm.openstreetmap.de/ticket/8465

The numbers for Java 7 are much higher there (your statistic is more
than one year old). But anyhow 25% are using pre Java 7 versions in the
JOSM statistic.

I wonder why you didn't complain *earlier*? There is a warning since end
of February that we will move to Java 7!

I don't like rolling back to Java 6 but I would not veto.
@Steve, Gerd: what's your opinion about rolling back to Java 6?

WanMil