logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Transliteration with --code-page

From Steve Ratcliffe steve at parabola.me.uk on Sat Sep 21 21:47:16 BST 2013

Hi

[ I'm making this a separate thread as it was previously in the 'mdr20
value changed' thread which is a mostly unrelated bug. ]

Currently ascii and latin1 are special in that any character that can
not be represented in those character sets is transliterated to
ascii/latin1.  When using any other code page then any character that
cannot be represented is replaced with a question mark.

I've created a patch that is currently in the 'transliteration' branch
which makes it possible to use any code page and still get
transliteration to ascii for any other character that is not in
the code-page.

I'll merge it in a couple of days if no one finds any problems.

..Steve