logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Distorted lines

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Sat Sep 21 06:57:51 BST 2013

Hi Andrzej,

> Second problem with deleted short lines is difficult to avoid but maybe
> could be optimized for better visual result. Position of the point that
> is replacing removed line could vary depending on topology of other
> lines. Or sometimes instead of removing line, it could be extended a bit
> with less impact on other lines.

yes, that is what I am trying to implement.
There is a third option:
Sometimes mkgmap creates short arcs by changing the meaning of
points, eg. with the --link-pois-to-ways option. Some weeks ago I've
posted a patch regarding this, but I got no feedback. Did you try it?
See also
http://www.mkgmap.org.uk/pipermail/mkgmap-dev/2013q2/018344.html