logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Distorted lines

From Andrzej Popowski popej at poczta.onet.pl on Fri Sep 20 10:41:33 BST 2013

Hi,

GerdP wrote:
 > Up to now the reduce-* values are only used for the
 > simplifications that are used for resoultions < 24

That is the first problem I have described. In my opinion,
simplification should be performed on original floating point data too.
This would preserve shape of the curve and eliminate small jaggies after
rounding to integer.

Second problem with deleted short lines is difficult to avoid but maybe
could be optimized for better visual result. Position of the point that
is replacing removed line could vary depending on topology of other
lines. Or sometimes instead of removing line, it could be extended a bit
with less impact on other lines.

--
Best regards,
Andrzej