logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] location-autofill=nearest breaks compiling

From Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com on Thu Sep 19 09:08:00 BST 2013

Hi Steve,

thanks for the patch, works fine for me. The img file size is only incremented by a few kb, so I agree that
the multiplier should always be used.

Gerd

Date: Mon, 2 Sep 2013 22:16:37 +0100
From: steve at parabola.me.uk
To: mkgmap-dev at lists.mkgmap.org.uk
Subject: Re: [mkgmap-dev] location-autofill=nearest breaks compiling

Hi

> I am not sure where a check is missing. It could be added to the
> Label.setOffset()  method
> or to the POIRecord.write() method.
> Please can you habe a look at it?

I've written a patch (attached) which implements writing out
the labels with offsets divided by 2.  Will therefore
allow twice as much label space.

There is also a check for overflow in the patch.

The required code to read labels with this flag set was already
implemented, so the patch is quite small.

I think it is probably best to not attempt to work out if the multiplier
is required or not and just always use it.

..Steve